1 The Aim of the Supporters Club
To provide an opportunity for people, who are not able to commit themselves to full membership of the Alton Lions Club, to support and maintain projects or other charitable activities as may be designated by the Alton Lions Club and to participate in its social events and other activities without the requirement to become members.
2 The Objectives of the Supporters Club
To provide the Alton Lions Club with an additional source of funds to improve the well being of the local community through specific projects or special needs.
To provide additional resources and raise awareness of the Alton Lions Club in a wider proportion of the local community by enabling the participation in events by like-minded people on an occasional basis.
To offer Supporters Club members the enjoyment of Alton Lions Club social events through open invitation to take part.
Recommendations will be made by the Community Services Committee of the Alton Lions Club and approved by vote of the club’s members at the monthly business meeting.
Membership of the Alton Lions Club Supporters Club commits individuals to a regular subscription of £1 per month (or £12 per year) per number.
- a) The subscription to the monthly draw costs £1 per number.
- b) Supporters Club members may purchase as many numbers as they
- c) Subscriptions are made by banker’s order.
- d) A prize draw will be made at the end of every Lions Club of Alton monthly business meeting. There will three prizes of £15, £10 and £5.
- e) Funds raised will only be used to improve the well being of the local community and will be decided in advance and Supporters Club members will be kept advised of progress.
- f) The projects will be determined by the Community Services Committee and recommended to the Lions Club of Alton for authorisation.
- g) Supporters Club members will be able to participate in Lions Club social and other events on the same terms as Lions Club members.
- h) The Lions Club of Alton will appoint a Supporters Club Co-ordinator from its membership who will be responsible for conducting the draws and sending prize cheques by post to the winner.
- i) The Club Treasurer will provide routine reports on the status of the club.
- k) Together with the Public Relations Officer the Co-ordinator will be responsible for communicating by email with Supporters Club members.
5 Rewards of Membership
The chance to win one of three draw prizes every month, the satisfaction in knowing that Supporters funds will be used to improve the well being of your community and the opportunity to take part in Alton Lions Club social and other events on an occasional basis.